We're Hiring - Technical Designer
Here at Kerf, we design well-considered furniture and cabinetry. We’re looking for an inquisitive and detail-oriented Technical Designer to join our small team.
As Technical Designer, you will work closely with designers to transform rough ideas into cabinets and furniture with precise joinery. You’ll also work directly with our shop team to problem-solve, check quality, and fix mistakes. You’ll be drawing client-facing interior plans and elevations, and you will also generate part drawings for CNC machining. Your precision will be key.
You will be a great fit if you are a self-proclaimed perfectionist, highly organized, methodical, and understand what it takes to transform a sketch into a 3d object. We need someone who is curious about how things are built and constantly tinkers to improve the quality of their work.
- Two to three years of production experience within design or related creative industry.
- Proficiency with CAD software such as VectorWorks or AutoCad.
- Experience with SketchUp.
- Experience with CNC programming is a plus.
- A background in Architecture or Interior Architecture is a double plus.
What we’re hoping you’ll bring to the table:
- High standards and ownership over the quality of your work.
- Precision, organization, and self-motivation.
- Strong understanding of woodworking joinery.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Smart thinker and creative problem solver.
- Constantly ask questions to deepen understanding.
- Ability and willingness to listen, learn, and implement new processes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience working in teams.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Why you’ll love it:
You’ll be part of a talented, driven, engaged group of people in a fun and relaxed shop. You’ll work on a variety of projects and become a meaningful member of our team. Plus there are dogs to play with.
How to Apply
Email Hello@kerfdesign.com with the subject line “Technical Designer”.
Include a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and personal website as appropriate.
(We are looking for portfolios that include drafting samples such as interior plans/elevations, exploded shop drawing sets, and manufacturing drawings)